There is not a single con for having a van at a festival. In all ways, it is better than sleeping on the ground.
- It’s cool. Van lifers run wild checking out what other vans and setups. It’s a great opportunity to see what people are doing with their tiny spaces, and an even better opportunity to show off what you have.
- It’s comfortable. Having a fridge with fresh fruits and vegetables will be the only thing keeping you alive during a week at Burning Man. Not to mention having electricity, running water, and a memory foam bed. Those things are nice, too.
- It’s safe. Everyone that has ever gone to a festival knows that there is always a select group of individuals that ransack campsites while everyone else is enjoying the show. A van can lock. Everything of value can be locked away safely.
- It’s secure. Hiding drugs has never been easier.
- It’s a landmark. There’s nothing easier to spot when you’re stumbling back to camp. Throw a flashing light up high on the roof to use as a navigational beacon, your neighbors will appreciate it, too