Everything is better with our pets, and travel is no different. How do you make life on the road easier when you’re traveling with your cat or dog?
Keep furry friends in mind
- Install a fan. This is a no brainer. A fan combined with a cracked window will keep air circulating throughout your van, sucking out hot air and pulling cooler air in.
- Add some window coverings. Installing reflective window coverings helps reflect radiant heat away from your van. The window coverings combined with your vent fan helps your van stay 5-10 degrees cooler than the outside temperature.
- Get yourself a cooling towel. These help keep your dog cool even when it’s hot. Not sure a cat would be into it, but who knows. They’re mysterious creatures.
- Make sure there’s always plenty of water around. A full water bottle that’s always available is your best bet.
- Be ready for a mess. They’re going to be exploring creeks, ponds, mud, and stink…all before they jump into the van. Be ready to wipe down those little paws.
- Understand that you can’t always hang out. When you need to get out and explore on your own, use Rover. Rover is basically the Airbnb of dog-sitting, and you can easily find an affordable sitter for a day, a night, a weekend, or longer. (Use code MINDOYM20 to get $20 off!)